Thursday, January 26, 2017

On the knitting front, I finished the back of the the Janda hoodie : some projects for my trip

Getting ready for a trip is just horrid.  The worst part is I think I am having sympathy nesting for my sister who reached her due date yesterday.  Normally before a trip, I'll straighten up my house.  Keep in mind I'm not a neat-freak.  My house is always picked up but I don't do the real deep cleaning on a regular basis.  So, I've spent that last 3 days cleaning the heck out of my house.  We're talking on my hands and knees with a toothbrush cleaning the grout in my shower and on the floor.  I've got 3 more rooms to do and then I'm done.  It will be nice to come home to a clean house.

long black knit sweater

On the knitting front, I finished the back of the the Janda hoodie:

I'm also trying to come up with some projects for my trip.  I did start a pair of socks using my yarn from Handpainted Knits but I'm not sure if I like them in the worsted weight.  You lose a lot of the detail in the thicker yarn.  I'm just at a loss as to what to do with this yarn.  It's so soft and yummy but I don't have enough to make a sweater and I bought the last 4 hanks.  One thing I do have to say though is that the colors are nothing like on their website and I think it's just how they took the pictures.  I didn't realize it had any pink in it.  I thought it was mostly browns, tans and creams.  Oh well.  It's still a yummy yarn:

And here are the beginnings of the socks:

I want to bring something with a simple stitch patterns with me.  I'll bring the laptop cozy with me and probably the socks.  I'm sure I'll hit a yarn store in Chicago and pick up a new project.  :)  I could bring the feather and fan shawl with me but the stitch pattern is too complicated.  I want something I can do on the plane without needing a pattern in front of me.  Oh well.  It's the least of my worries at the moment.  :)

I'm not sure if I'll be able to post before I leave so everyone have a great weekend.  I'm sure I'll post while I'm there as I'll have hubby's laptop and cable internet at my dad's place. 

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment