Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Escape from knitting limbo

Whew it's been a busy week!! My parents were here over the weekend and it seems like we've just had a lot of tests/practicals/other school stuff to get done. I don't have anything too exciting to report, but I do have a little venting on stupid people and Chicago public transportation.

Story #1: I'm walking towards the entrance to the Green line train. At first it looks like no one else is around, but all of a sudden a guy walks up, goes to the entrance, and tells me to swipe my card so we can both go through at the same time so he doesn't have to pay. And of course there is no one else around and the guy was a little scary. Not cool.

Story #2: Today while I was on the bus some guy tried to get on with a can of gasoline. The bus driver tells him to get off the bus. The man insists that it is a covered can of gasoline so it's OK. He proceeds to turn the can upside down to demonstrate this. Gas goes all over the place. Bus smells like gas. We all have to get off. Not cool.

Anyways, in happier non-public transportation news, looky at what came in the mail the other day....

Feltedtweed_1

Woooooo Rowan Felted Tweed! It's been on backorder for a few weeks but it finally arrived. So yesterday I started on Salina, here's what I have so far...

Salina1

I am absolutely obsessed with the felted tweed...the color, the feel of it, everything. However I have a feeling Salina is going to take me forever to finish because the yarn is a bit thin, so I'm setting a goal of January to have it finished (I have a feeling Christmas knitting is going to get in the way of my progress too)

I also picked up some Manos del Uruguay at the yarn store yesterday. There were many, many colors to drool over but I went with this one....

Manos

I'm in desperate need of a hat but haven't done one before so I think I"m just going to knit a simple one with the Manos, probably one of the hats in Last Minute Knitted Gifts.

Tonight we're heading to Benihana for some Japanese food...I've never had sushi so I'm pretty excited! I'm trying to work up the courage to try the kind with raw fish, but we'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment